My client is looking to recruit two General Insurance actuarial specialists to fill two indefinite contract roles on their actuarial team. Duties of the roles will include but not be limited to:
- Lead the completion of non-life pricing, reserving or capital modelling reviews.
- Analysis of the robustness of firms’ business models and balance sheets, and the analysis of the efficacy of firms’ risk governance frameworks in order to fully support the effective supervision of the regulated insurance industry in Ireland.
- In conjunction with the Supervisory teams, lead technical issues on external engagements with senior stakeholders and through constructive challenge identify critical issues to be addressed.
- Drive the ethos of knowledge sharing by developing and maintaining productive relations with the Supervisory teams by proactively collaborating with them in order to ensure the Supervisory Teams are sufficiently informed on actuarial issues to provide effective supervision.
- Provide market wide actuarial analysis, including input into Financial Risk Reviews and Risk Governance Panels to ensure the Senior Management team within the Insurance Directorate are fully informed of current issues and themes.
Successful applicants must have 10 years' pose-qualification experience. Candidates should have a strong background in insurance/reinsurance (non-life) with a sound understanding of risk management and risk-based supervision. Management-level experience in a regulatory, compliance or risk management environment is desired. Interested candidates should contact Jacqui van Teutem at Raretec Recruitment Ltd on 015311400 or 0862931015 or through email at email@example.com.