We have an excellent opportunity for an Actuarial Capital Manager to join my client in Dublin to support the economic capital actuary with Solvency II deliverables and internal capital projects.
Responsibilities of the Actuarial Capital Manager will include but not be limited to the following:
- Performs the quarterly standard formula calculation and associated reporting (local and group)
- Supports the capital actuary and the wider business in the ORSA process by providing sound quantitative risk modelling
- Carries out analysis in support of management of Reinsurance, Investments and ALM.
- Monitors and analyses financial results/data in order to communicate the impact of strategic and operational plans. Develops and revises strategic and tactical plans as necessary to meet corporate objectives and respond to environmental changes
- Retrieves, understands and manipulates data and perform rigorous validation as it relates to assigned and related projects
- Assists in the development and maintenance of departmental policies and procedures in line with market developments, best practice GI techniques and regulatory guidance. Ensure these policies and procedures are adhered to in the delivery of timely & accurate results
- Provides consultation to senior managers and other groups on capital matters as a subject matter expert
- Supervises the day-to-day activity for staff by establishing priorities, scheduling, and assigning work.
You should be a qualified Actuary with a number of years of experience which has been progressively more responsible, and ideally supervisory experience. Modelling experience for Ireland and/or the UK is an advantage, particularly with GI packages such as ResQ and Igloo.
Candidates interested in this role should contact Jacqui van Teutem at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 015311400 or 0862931015.
We recruit for actuarial job vacancies for both qualified actuaries and trainee and part qualified actuaries across general insurance, life insurance, pensions and retirements, investment, reinsurance and more. The majority of our actuarial jobs are located in Dublin, Ireland although we also occasionally deal with vacancies abroad. If you are interested in hearing about new actuary jobs or are interested in finding out more about a listed vacancy, do get in touch on 015311400 or by emailing Jacqui van Teutem at email@example.com, Danielle Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org or Conall Harding at email@example.com.