Our client is seeking a motivated Commercial Lines Pricing Manager to work in their Underwriting department, providing pricing recommendations and actuarial support to the CUO and Line of Business Heads. A leading insurance company based in Dublin, our client seeks a candidate to lead the Business Lines pricing team in developing and delivering pricing strategies. The role would also involve monthly reporting on key forward looking profitability indicators and business flows, as well as maintaining and improving appropriate MI capabilities to improve available insight and analysis. There are excellent opportunities in this role, such as leading technical pricing projects and representing the pricing and underwriting area at cross-functional and external events.
As a Commercial Lines Pricing Manager your main responsibilities will include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following:
- Making pricing recommendations to Line of Business heads and underwriters to support portfolio management including insight into business and risk selection
- Participating in and leading pricing projects and reviews including the design, testing and maintenance of pricing models and tools
- As a senior member of the pricing team, help to mentor and develop more junior team members including direct reports
- Providing support to management for strategic planning
- Leveraging best practice from across the Group to deliver improvements to Ireland BU
- Under general direction, support the pricing of new/renewal business, development of effective pricing/rating structures and development of strategies in support of business objectives
The successful applicant for this Commercial Lines Pricing Manager should be a qualified actuary with several years’ experience in GI pricing. People management experience is an advantage for this role. The ideal candidate should have strong statistical modelling and scenario-testing skills, including competence with Emblem and Radar pricing software as well as strong IT and communication skills. This role reports to the Chief Pricing Actuary.
Candidates who wish to apply for this role should contact Jacqui.van Teutem on 015311400 or 0862931015 or through email at Jacqui.firstname.lastname@example.org.
We recruit for actuarial job vacancies for both qualified actuaries and trainee and part qualified actuaries across general insurance, life insurance, pensions and retirements, investment, reinsurance and more. The majority of our actuarial jobs are located in Dublin, Ireland although we also occasionally deal with vacancies abroad. If you are interested in hearing about new actuary jobs or are interested in finding out more about a listed vacancy, do get in touch on 015311400 or by emailing Jacqui van Teutem at email@example.com.
For recent vacancies click here but remember we don’t advertise all our roles so if you are thinking about making a move then register with us by clicking here. We are interested in hearing from Actuaries at all levels including: Head of Actuarial Function (HOAF), CRO, CFO, Actuarial Directors, Actuarial Managers, Actuary, Qualified Actuary, Part Qualified Actuary, Trainee Actuary, Graduate Actuary and student actuaries.