Role: Data Analytics Manager – Advancing Analytics
Area: Data Analytics / Actuarial
Duration: Full Time Permanent
Location: DublinEnquire about this vacancy
My client is a Dublin based multinational Insurer seeking to hire a Data Analytics Manager for their Advancing Analytics division. The organisation is investing heavily in their Data Analytics area and this is a brand new role on the team. It is a really exciting time to join the team in a period of growth. The Advancing Analytics department partners with functional areas within the organisation to advance management reporting, analytical capabilities, and business monitoring to drive better decisions based on data and analysis.
The successful candidate will drive a portfolio of projects to maximise value delivered to the organisation’s key stakeholders and will involve day to day management of more junior members of the team.
Duties of the role will include but not be limited to the following:
- Supporting the Head of Advanced Analytics in ensuring data analytical insights are produced in line with business strategic, tactical and operational demands.
- Actively engage with managers of functional areas to understand their team’s KPIs, analytical needs, and strategic goals
- Negotiate analytical project objectives and direction with executives and business managers.
- Coordinate, prioritize, and manage the portfolio of analytical projects and project briefs for your business partners.
- Partner with subject matter experts to deliver analytical insights for your business partners.
- Work to support/solve existing data quality, risk and data governance gaps.
- Prepare regular written reports for Senior Managers regarding project status and keep Senior Managers informed of project direction and re-negotiate direction as necessary.
- Pro-actively lead the team to encourage the identification of professional development opportunities to foster an environment of continuous improvement.
- Define and agree a set of analytics performance metrics in conjunction with the Head of Advanced Analytics and executive team to pro-actively measure the effectiveness of the department.
Candidates will ideally have very strong project management skills and people management experience. You should have experience with influencing and mentoring others, including direct reports, and have experience of co-ordinating and organising a variety of projects. In addition you should be technically strong with prior experience in an analytical role. Ideally candidates will have a Master’s degree along with 4+ years experience in the Insurance, Financial Services. Technology, M&A or Consulting industries; or a Bachelor’s degree and 7 years relevant experience. There may be flexibility here depending on the specific background of the candidate and the organisation is also very interested in suitable actuarial candidates for this role.
Interested candidates should contact Danielle Ward at email@example.com or by phoning 015311400.
We recruit for actuarial job vacancies for both qualified actuaries and trainee and part qualified actuaries across general insurance, life insurance, pensions and retirements, investment, reinsurance and more. The majority of our actuarial jobs are located in Dublin, Ireland although we also occasionally deal with vacancies abroad. We also deal with risk and data analytics roles. If you are interested in hearing about new actuary jobs or are interested in finding out more about a listed vacancy, do get in touch on 015311400 or by emailing Jacqui van Teutem at firstname.lastname@example.org, Danielle Ward at email@example.com or Conall Harding at firstname.lastname@example.org.Enquire about this vacancy