My client is an organisation in the life insurance and reinsurance area who are hiring for a Data & Analytics Manager for their office in Dublin. This is an exciting role reporting to the EVP of Data and this position will have a primary role of defining and executing the strategic plan and roadmap for the continuing success and profitability of my client’s data and analytics products and services.
This role will suit a technically minded individual who is experienced in modelling and analysis. This person will work closely with the rest of the product management team with the responsibility of managing 1-2 more junior members of the team. Candidates with an actuarial background who are technically strong or who have cross-skilled into data science with relevant modelling experience are of real interest for this role, particularly within life (re)insurance but will also consider those within the wider insurance areas and financial services.
Duties of the role of Data & Analytics Manager will include but not be limited to the following:
- Define the data and analytics strategy for new and existing propositions
- Be responsible for the conceptualisation and execution of new and existing data & analytic product offerings
- Be responsible for scheduled or adhoc data analysis and reporting provided to customers as a service
- In conjunction with the technology team, develop the data strategy for governance, architecture, quality management, accessibility, security and privacy that take into account future SaaS solutions
- Develop and drive feature areas of the data and analytics products taking ownership from concept to delivery and ongoing roadmaps.
- Be a primary contributor for the launch of new solutions to market and work with the rest of the product management team to ensure the sales and marketing teams are trained, supported, and successful at connecting and communication with customers
- Work with the cross-functional team to develop and the creation and execution of marketing plans, campaigns, and launch activities for assigned products
- Create sales tools and materials including sales presentations, collateral, case studies, and white papers.
Ideally you will have the following background for this Data & Analytics Manager role:
- Familiarity with different advanced analytics modelling techniques and packages, and an ability to apply them in the real-world environment
- A number of years of data management and / or analytics management experience in an organisation with complex data needs, requirements and systems
- Prior experience operating in a product management function would be an advantage
- Prior understanding of Insurance market operations and structures would be an advantage
- Experience in creating and deploying data best practices and methodologies
- Proven experience analysing products, competition, pricing, and industry trends and markets combined with development and delivery of successful product solutions for target markets
For this role you must have a relevant educational background in a quantitative subject such as actuarial, maths, statistics, data science or computer science, along with a significant amount of relevant experience. In time you will be the expert and go-to person in the organisation for all data and analytics propositions. You should have strong project management skills, excellent communication skills and be passionate about data and using and learning new technologies.
Candidates interested in this role should contact Jacqui van Teutem at Jacqui.firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 015311400 or 0862931015 or Danielle Ward at Danielle.email@example.com
We recruit for actuarial job vacancies for both qualified actuaries and trainee and part qualified actuaries across general insurance, life insurance, pensions and retirements, investment, reinsurance and more. The majority of our actuarial jobs are located in Dublin, Ireland although we also occasionally deal with vacancies abroad. If you are interested in hearing about new actuary jobs or are interested in finding out more about a listed vacancy, do get in touch on 015311400 or by emailing Jacqui van Teutem at firstname.lastname@example.org, Danielle Ward at email@example.com or Conall Harding at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For recent vacancies click here but remember we don’t advertise all our roles so if you are thinking about making a move then register with us by clicking here. We are interested in hearing from Actuaries at all levels including: Head of Actuarial Function (HOAF), CRO, CFO, Actuarial Directors, Actuarial Managers, Actuary, Qualified Actuary, Part Qualified Actuary, Trainee Actuary, Graduate Actuary and student actuaries.