Role: Data Scientist
Area: Data Analytics
Duration: Full Time Permanent
Location: DublinEnquire about this vacancy
My client is a Dublin based multinational insurer who is seeking to hire a Data Scientist for their growing Data Analytics division. This is an excellent opportunity to join an established organisation as it builds and expands its data analytics division and capabilities. The successful candidate will provide predictive modelling and advanced analytics services to key functions across the organisation. The ideal candidate will be a Data Analyst, Data Scientist, or an Actuarial candidate looking to transfer their career into the Data Analytics area.
Duties of the role will include but not be limited to the following:
- Apply cutting edge statistical techniques to very large datasets in the course of predictive modelling and various analytical projects.
- Building complex tools and analytical models for use by business operations and/or functional groups
- Produce meaningful observations and recommendations through synthesizing data from internal and external sources
- Perform data preparation steps, including extraction of target data from multiple datasets, integration of multiple datasets, and creation of derived variables, application of business rules, and quality control checks.
- Collaborate with other advanced analytics staff to share best practices in predictive modelling and build the advanced analytics community
- Present findings/recommendations to management
Candidates will ideally have a Masters degree in Mathematics, Computing, Statistics or another quantitative field, or else a Bachelor’s degree and proven applied business experience outside of academia. You should have experience or knowledge of using statistical techniques, such as regression analysis, cluster analysis and optimisation. You should have knowledge of big data concepts, strategies and methodologies, and previous use of various analytical methodologies such as Random Forest, Neural Networks and K-means clustering would be an advantage. Candidates should also be technically strong and prior experience with statistical software packages such as SAS and Emblem is an advantage. Ideal candidates will also have knowledge or previous experience with innovative pricing strategies.
Interested candidates should contact Danielle Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 015311400.
We recruit for actuarial job vacancies for both qualified actuaries and trainee and part qualified actuaries across general insurance, life insurance, pensions and retirements, investment, reinsurance and more. The majority of our actuarial jobs are located in Dublin, Ireland although we also occasionally deal with vacancies abroad. We also recruit for Data Analytics and Risk positions. If you are interested in hearing about new actuary jobs or are interested in finding out more about a listed vacancy, do get in touch on 015311400 or by emailing Jacqui van Teutem at email@example.com, Danielle Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org or Conall Harding at email@example.com.Enquire about this vacancy