My client is a company which provides solutions to the insurance industry and is seeking to hire a Data Scientist. The ideal candidate will be technically strong and have previous analytics experience – including data analytics, data science, actuarial or another highly analytical role. You should have a very strong statistics background and prior experience with machine learning. Experience using SQL, R, Python or additional relevant skills is desired for this role, however there is flexibility on the IT skills.
Responsibilities of this Data Scientist role includes but are not limited to:
- Advising on decisions about usage of analytical tools, software packages and customer visualization products.
- Helping to develop predictive models, statistical analysis and simulations in all departments of the company.
- Developing and maintaining data models.
- Understanding implications of analytical results and communicating to stakeholders.
- Providing analysis and insight to customer service arrangements.