My client is a Dublin based multinational insurer who is seeking to hire a number of Data Scientists for their growing Data Analytics division, including both their actuarial and advanced analytics teams. This is an excellent opportunity to join an established organisation as it builds and expands its data analytics division and capabilities. The successful candidate will provide predictive modelling and advanced analytics services to key functions across the organisation. The ideal candidate will be a Data Analyst, Data Scientist, or an Actuarial candidate looking to transfer their career into the Data Science area. Pricing and Quantitative Analsyts will also be considered.
Duties of the Data Scientist role will include but not be limited to the following:
- Apply cutting edge statistical techniques to very large datasets in the course of predictive modelling and various analytical projects.
- Building complex tools and analytical models for use by business operations and/or functional groups
- Produce meaningful observations and recommendations through synthesizing data from internal and external sources
- Perform data preparation steps, including extraction of target data from multiple datasets, integration of multiple datasets, and creation of derived variables, application of business rules, and quality control checks.
- Collaborate with other advanced analytics staff to share best practices in predictive modelling and build the advanced analytics community
- Present findings/recommendations to management
Candidates will ideally have a Masters and/or Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Actuarial, Computing, Statistics or another quantitative field, or else a Bachelor’s degree and proven applied experience. You should have experience or knowledge of using statistical techniques, such as regression analysis, cluster analysis and optimisation. You should have knowledge of big data concepts, strategies and methodologies, and previous use of various analytical methodologies such as Random Forest, Neural Networks and K-means clustering would be an advantage.
Candidates should also be technically strong and prior experience with statistical software packages such as R, SAS and Emblem is an advantage, along with programming ability. Ideally candidates will also have knowledge or previous experience with innovative pricing strategies and machine learning.
There is flexibility here on the job requirements and technical skills so if you are curious, please get in touch and I am happy to discuss all of the details with you.
Application Details: Please contact Danielle Ward on 015311400 or 0860499466 or via firstname.lastname@example.org
We recruit for actuarial job vacancies for both qualified actuaries and trainee and part qualified actuaries across general insurance, life insurance, pensions and retirements, investment, reinsurance and more. The majority of our actuarial jobs are located in Dublin, Ireland although we also occasionally deal with vacancies abroad. If you are interested in hearing about new actuary jobs or are interested in finding out more about a listed vacancy, do get in touch on 015311400 or by emailing Jacqui van Teutem at email@example.com, Danielle Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org or Conall Harding at email@example.com.
For recent vacancies click here but remember we don’t advertise all our roles so if you are thinking about making a move then register with us by clicking here. We are interested in hearing from Actuaries at all levels including: Head of Actuarial Function (HOAF), CRO, CFO, Actuarial Directors, Actuarial Managers, Actuary, Qualified Actuary, Part Qualified Actuary, Trainee Actuary, Graduate Actuary and student actuaries.