Role: Part Qualified/Trainee Actuary
Area: Life Insurance, Investment
Level: Trainee or part qualified actuary
Duration: 6 month fixed term contract
Location: Dublin City Centre
We have an exciting new vacancy for a trainee actuary to work as a Economic Capital lead Analyst on a 6 month fixed term contract for our client based in Dublin city centre. This role will involve developing and implementing an aggregation model for the organisation’s Solvency Capital Requirement (SCR). The role will also involve playing a key part in the regular reporting and communication of capital requirements including actuals, forecasts and sensitivities.
Responsibilities of the role will include but not be limited to the following:
- Use statistical techniques to calibrate and validate proxy functions to describe the sensitivity of the balance sheet to the risks within the internal model
- Check accuracy of SCR calculations and review and explain trends in meaningful reports
- Develop EUC compliant models as required to facilitate straight through processing and efficient production and reporting of results
- Implement controls and checks to ensure robust production process and to preserve integrity of data flows throughout model
- Engage with internal management to complete specification of reporting deliverables for each period
- Prepare IMAP documentation and support Solvency II programme as required
- Provide support to wider actuarial reporting teams, methodology, hedging and finance teams as required.
Ideal candidates will have strong technical and analytical skills and experience with proxy modelling and/or economic reporting would be an advantage, as would a strong understanding of variable annuities and associated risks. Report writing experience is also an advantage and the organisation will consider candidates with relevant experience in a life or investments related background.
Candidates interested in this role should contact Danielle Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 015311400. I look forward to hearing from you.
We recruit for actuarial job vacancies for both qualified actuaries and trainee and part qualified actuaries across general insurance, life insurance, pensions and retirements, investment, reinsurance and more. The majority of our actuarial jobs are located in Dublin, Ireland though we also deal with vacancies abroad. If you are interested in hearing about new actuary jobs or are interested in finding out more about a listed vacancy, do get in touch on 015311400 or by emailing Jacqui van Teutem at email@example.com or Danielle Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org.