My client is looking for a senior Life Actuary to take up the combined role of HOAF/CRO. The organisations is a growing firm that has a combination of business interests in the European Life Assurance sector. This individual will ensure that the organisations meets it statutory and regulatory obligations in the combined role of HOAF/CRO. The central bank have approved this position to hold both the HOAF/CRO roles. This individual will work at the top table of the organisation and report to the CEO of the company. The individual will have the support of external consultants when required.
The main duties of the role include:
- To ensure that the organisation meets all statutory and regulatory requirements of the Head of Actuarial Function(PCF48)/CRO(PCF14) position
- To lead and motivate a team in the execution of this work. The team are a combination of actuarial resources and risk.
- To work closely with external consultants
- To provide an actuarial opinion on the technical provisions to the CBI and present an Actuarial Report on Technical Provisions (ARTP) incorporating “policyholders reasonable expectations” as well as giving an actuarial opinion on each ORSA process to the Board
- To ensure that all reports are fully understood and recommendations with rationale are delivered in a timely manner to ensure that all members of the board and relevant committees are up to speed on the issues at hand to enable appropriate decision making.
The organisation is looking for a responsible individual who has the confidence in their technical abilities and regulatory knowledge to take on the demands of this very responsible role. The organisation has a preference for an individual that is already fulfilling the function of this role for another organisation but may consider senior individuals who are now ready to take this leap.
Suitable applicants for this HOAF/CRO role will have the following skills and experience:
- They must be a qualified actuary with at least 10 years PQE experience in the Life Insurance Industry
- The successful candidate will be a member of a recognised actuarial association and have the experience commensurate with the requirements of the HOAF role as set out in the CBI’s “Domestic Actuarial Regime”.
- Ideally candidates will be in a current HOAF position but may be in a deputy HOAF role ready to move into the new position.
- Individuals must have strong communications skills and be confident of their abilities.
My client is aware that this is a responsible role and has the budget needed to attract the most qualified candidate. Candidates interested in this role should contact Jacqui van Teutem at Raretec Recruitment Ltd on 015311400 or 0862931015 or through email at Jacqui.email@example.com
If this role is of interest to you then you may also be interested in a further HOAF role that we are working on – click here for details
For further information relation to working as a HOAF position click here.
We recruit for actuarial job vacancies for both qualified actuaries and trainee and part qualified actuaries across general insurance, life insurance, pensions and retirements, investment, reinsurance and more. The majority of our actuarial jobs are located in Dublin, Ireland although we also occasionally deal with vacancies abroad. If you are interested in hearing about new actuary jobs or are interested in finding out more about a listed vacancy, do get in touch on 015311400 or by emailing Jacqui van Teutem at firstname.lastname@example.org
For recent vacancies click here but remember we don’t advertise all our roles so if you are thinking about making a move then register with us by clicking here. We are interested in hearing from Actuaries at all levels including: Head of Actuarial Function (HOAF), CRO, CFO, Actuarial Directors, Actuarial Managers, Actuary, Qualified Actuary, Part Qualified Actuary, Trainee Actuary, Graduate Actuary and student actuaries.