A well-known life reinsurer are seeking an AXIS Modelling actuary or experienced professional to join their Life and Health team in either Dublin or Toronto. They are looking to expand on their internal AXIS capabilities in order to reach global markets.
About the role
The role will be based in either Toronto or Dublin. The position’s main focus will be to liaison with valuation and pricing actuaries to ensure model alignment.
Duties for the AXIS Modelling role will include (but not be limited to):
- Create best practises for model governance
- Maintain the models that use the AXIS actuarial software
- Manage concerns and liaison with IT on all matters relating to AXIS
- Develop new frameworks that will allow for AXIS model training
Actuarial skills required
The ideal candidate for this position would be a qualified actuary or an experienced professional with a relevant university degree who has more than 5 years of experience in the life insurance sector.
Additional requirements include:
- Strong knowledge of AXIS modelling software
- Experience in Excel and VBA
- Advanced knowledge of Protection and Longevity business
If you are interested in exploring roles in the non-life/life insurance sector then get in touch today. We don’t advertise all of our positions. If you register with us we will contact you about suitable roles as they come through. Contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org