A fantastic opportunity for a part-qualified or nearly qualified actuary to join a well-known insurance provider on their Dublin team in a data scientist role. This role will allow for the development of technical and analytical skills and enable data driven strategic decision making.
About the Role
The data scientist will be responsible for the development of a variety of predictive models and tools. Other key duties of the data scientist role include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement modelling methodologies
- Perform technical and creative predictive analytics projects
- Model maintenance
- Develop and present findings, insights and recommendations while working alongside other teams.
Actuarial Skills Required
The suitable candidate for this Data Scientist role will be a Part-Qualified actuary with non-life insurance experience in an analytical role. Suitable candidates for this role should strong written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills and experience with:
- Statistical techniques
- Programming software such as R/Python/SAS is needed for this role
- Large data sets and data bases
- Statistical techniques including general linear models, survival models and Bayesian approaches.
Candidates interested in finding out more should contact Rebecca Youdell 0860499466 email@example.com or Jacqui van Teutem 0862931015 firstname.lastname@example.org or by filling in the application form. We are happy to help you, and can facilitate you outside of normal office hours. Alternatively you can call us on 015311400.
If you are interested in exploring roles in the non-life insurance sector then get in touch today. We don’t advertise all of our positions. If you register with us we will contact you about suitable roles as they come through. Contact us today at email@example.com