We are working on a very exciting senior actuarial role for an expanding non-life insurer with an operation in Dublin. The role holder will be the global Chief Reserving Actuary as well as the Head of Actuarial Function (HOAF) for the local Dublin based organisation.
About the Position
This mid-sized insurance entity is in the process of gradually insourcing their actuarial function work and are building a team around this position. The HOAF will report to the global chief actuary. This position will involve technical hands-on work. The organisation has an entrepreneurial culture and is looking for the right person to get involved and roll their sleeves up.
Duties for this role include but are not limited to the following:
- All duties associated with the HOAF role (Actuarial technical provisions, Actuarial opinion on same, ORSA etc)
- To manage and develop the reserving team (this will involve recruiting some new team members)
- To lead the development of the organisations reserving capabilities and structure
- To be responsible for managing all reserving matters applicable to both the local and global entity ensuring compliance to all regulatory and risk management policies and practices
- To support key management decisions where actuarial reserving expertise and/or analysis are required.
Actuarial Skills Required
To be considered for this role you must be a qualified actuary with a minimum of 5 years PQE experience with strong non-life reserving experience. It goes without saying that you need to have a strong communication style and be able to adapt to different classes of business. Ideally you will have held a PCF role previously, but the organisation is also open to considering applicants who are ready for their first PCF role.
For a full role profile/further information please contact Jacqui van Teutem through email or on 015311400 or 0862931015.
If you are interested in exploring senior roles in the non-life insurance sector then get in touch today. We don’t advertise all of our positions. If you register with us we will contact you about suitable roles as they come through. Contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org