An international insurance company in Dublin is looking for a senior non-life actuary to take up a Head of Actuarial Function (HOAF) role. Our client are market leaders in the non-life sector and this is a very important appointment for the organisation. As a significant member of the global senior leadership group, this position will influence the commercial direction of the organisation in Ireland.
About the role
The HOAF is responsible for the Actuarial Function and the position will involve managing a wide team of individuals from part-qualified actuaries through to an experienced and dedicated management team. The role will report to the CEO and work closely with the CBI, and various senior colleagues throughout the business both domestically and globally.
The main function of the HOAF will be to:
- Carry out the Head of Actuarial function in line with the CBI regulatory requirements.
- Be part of a strong executive global leadership team.
- Lead, motivate and manage a team of actuaries, including training, succession and reward.
- Manage outsourced relationships with the UK business as well as external actuarial relationships.
- Involvement in various committees and attendance at board meetings.
- Involvement in strategy development for the business.
Actuarial skills required
To succeed in this position, you should be a senior qualified actuary with 10+ years PQE in non-life insurance and should have:
- Experience working with the Central Bank of Ireland regarding regulatory requirements.
- The ability to work as part of and lead a team of professionals with people and performance management skills.
- A deep understanding of the business and general insurance industry.
- The ability to build and maintain relationships with a range of key stakeholders and present ideas and recommendations to other high-level personnel.
- Problem-solving, decision-making and judgement skills are essential.
Candidates interested in finding out more about this position should contact Jacqui van Teutem on 0862931015 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by filling in the application form. We are happy to help you and can facilitate you outside of normal office hours. Alternatively, you can call us on 015311400.
If you are interested in exploring Senior Non-Life roles then get in touch today. We don’t advertise all of our positions. If you register with us we will contact you about suitable roles as they come through. Contact us today at email@example.com