An international insurance company in Dublin is looking for an experienced Qualified Life Actuary to take up a Head of Actuarial Function (HOAF) role. This is a very important appointment for the organisation and the successful individual will be a member of the senior executive team.
About the Position
This Head of Actuarial Function role has come about due to an internal promotion. The HOAF is responsible for the Actuarial Corporate and Actuarial Operations teams and will have overall responsibility for a team of up to 28 individuals. The Senior Actuary will also lead strategic projects to continue to develop the Life business.
The main function of the HOAF will be to:
- Carry out the Head of Actuarial function in line with the regime as directed by the CBI
- Directly manage two senior management actuaries and provide guidance to leading the wider teams
- Involvement in Strategy development for the business
- Be part of a strong executive leadership team
- Present results and insights to various teams at a global level.
Actuarial skills required
To succeed in this role, you should be a senior qualified actuary with significant life insurance experience and should have:
- Leadership and people management capabilities
- Previous Regulatory Reporting experience
- Excellent modelling and analytical skills
- Strong collaboration, communication, and presentation skills.
The organisation will also consider individuals who are not yet in a HOAF role if they can show that they have the experience and the ability to step up into this position.
Candidates interested in finding out more about this position should contact Jacqui van Teutem on 015311400 or 0862931015 or through email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to help you and can facilitate you outside of normal office hours.
If you are interested in exploring senior roles in the life insurance sector, then get in touch today. We don’t advertise all our positions. If you register with us, we will contact you about suitable roles as they come through. Contact us today at email@example.com