Our client is a subsidiary of a global leading insurance and asset management provider. The organisation is looking for a Head of Financial Risk. This is a unique position that combines technical and management skills. As a member of the senior management team, this position has influence and standing within a successful team.
About the Position
Based in Dublin the role reports to the CRO and leads a hedging team and a group of financial and risk analysts in a multi-cultural environment, multi located team.
The main activities of the financial Risk team are to measure, monitor and manage the risk position of the company with respect to the book of financial derivatives used for hedging purposes. This work has direct impact on the organisations:
- Risk Appetite,
- Solvency Pillar I (capital calculation),
- Pillar II (ORSA)
- Pillar III (National Specific Template Reporting) reporting
The role provides oversight for the hedging operations and this team is regarded as a centre of excellence for hedging within the global group.
This role is classified as a controlled function (CF-2) under the Central Bank of Ireland’s Fitness and Probity regime. Individuals should meet the following requirements:
- FRM or PRM or CFA qualified or a member of the Society of Actuaries in Ireland or equivalent.
- Knowledge of saving products and insurance related risks. Experience in variable annuities would be advantageous.
- Understanding of capital, profit and value measures and drivers.
- Significant knowledge of financial market instruments.
- Ambitious, career orientated and driven financial risk professional.
- Ability to work in a transversal and multi-cultural environment.
- Particularly good usage of programming languages (VBA and R preferred).
Candidates interested in finding out more about this position should contactor Jacqui van Teutem (0862931015 firstname.lastname@example.org) or Carina Devlin (email@example.com) or by filling in the application form. We are happy to help you, and can facilitate you outside of normal office hours. Alternatively you can call us on 015311400.
If you are interested in exploring roles in the life/non-life insurance sector then get in touch today. We don’t advertise all of our positions. If you register with us we will contact you about suitable roles as they come through. Contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org