An exciting opportunity has arisen for a senior actuary to take up a Chief Risk Officer position in a well-known non-life insurer. This is a very important appointment for the organisation and is an excellent opportunity for someone who is ready to take up a PCF role.
About the role
The Chief Risk Officer will be responsible for the Risk Function. This is a challenging and dynamic role that will involve leading a small team of 5 and working alongside the company’s outsourced HOAF. This position has influence and standing with Senior Management and is a unique role that combines technical and leadership skills.
Duties for the Chief Risk Officer role will include (but not be limited to):
- Provide advice to senior management and the board on all risk and actuarial related matters.
- To lead the Risk and actuarial function and ensure that it enables the business to deliver according to the risk management framework and strategy.
- Oversee the internal reserving process as well as regulatory reporting including SFCR, SCR, RSR, and ORSA.
- Contribute to and encourage the companys holistic risk culture.
- Chair and manage forums and risk committees.
Actuarial skills required
To succeed in this role, you should be a senior actuary with significant Solvency II and Risk Management experience. The company is open to suitable candidates from either a non-life or life background. However, the following skills are required:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the CBI Regulatory Requirements and other relevant regulations.
- Strong ability to lead and implement change in line with best practice.
- A proven track record of fostering a positive risk culture.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with a range of key stakeholders and present ideas and recommendations.
- Strong collaboration, communication, and presentation skills.
The organisation will consider individuals who are not yet in a CRO role if they can show that they have the experience and the ability to step up into this position.
Candidates interested in finding out more about this position should contact Jacqui van Teutem 0862931015 firstname.lastname@example.org or by filling in the application form. We are happy to help you and can facilitate you outside of normal office hours. Alternatively, you can call us on 015311400
If you are interested in exploring roles in the non-life insurance sector then get in touch today. We don’t advertise all of our positions. If you register with us we will contact you about suitable roles as they come through. Contact us today at email@example.com