A unique opportunity for a nearly/newly qualified actuary to join a rapidly expanding reinsurance company as a Reserving and Risk Actuary. This is an excellent opportunity to grow with the business, while learning from senior individuals and working with commercial teams in a dynamic environment.
About the Position
The Reserving and Risk Actuary will report to the CRO & HOAF who is situated in Zurich, while working alongside the compliance and finance team in Dublin. Whilst the position is the only actuary based in Dublin for the reinsurance entity, the role will sit with the Irish Actuarial Function who are also based in Dublin. The company’s office is based in Stephens Green, however, their return to work plan will be a combination of home and office work.
Responsibilities for this role include (but are not limited to):
- Contribute towards developing a reserving tools and involvement in building a reserving process
- Communicating with and supporting various teams including pricing, underwriting, and claims and finance
- Production of SII Technical Provisions and updating and maintaining the model
- Quarterly and Annual GAAP and SII reporting including ORSAM QRTs and ARTP.
Actuarial Skills Required
This position would suit a nearly/newly qualified non-life actuary who is intellectually curious and has a keen interest to learn. Previous non-life reserving and SII experience is essential. SII Technical Provisions and ORSA experience is desired. Additional skills required for this position include:
- Strong IT skills including Excel, VBA, R, SQL, and ResQ.
- Excellent communication skills.
Candidates interested in finding out more about this position should contact Rebecca Youdell at 0860499466 firstname.lastname@example.org or by filling in the application form. We are happy to help you and can facilitate you outside of normal office hours. Alternatively, you can call us on 015311400
If you are interested in exploring roles in the non-life insurance sector then get in touch today. We don’t advertise all of our positions. If you register with us we will contact you about suitable roles as they come through. Contact us today at email@example.com