A Multinational Insurance Organisation in Dublin is looking for a Reserving Manager to join their Irish Company. This role reports to the Chief Actuary/Head of Actuarial Function (HOAF). The Reserving Manager will be responsible for a team of actuaries mainly comprised of mid-level actuarial trainees.
Duties for this role will include (but are not limited to):
- Lead and manage the team including resource planning
- Responsibility for leading key elements of the review and analysis of GI reserves for Ireland and report to the reserve committee advising and making recommendations where appropriate
- Responsible for the calculation of Solvency II technical provisions
- Help to deliver on actuarial projects and international initiatives
- Support other actuarial and financial management activities as required.
Actuarial Skills Required
To be considered for this role you must meet the following criteria:
- A qualified actuary with a minimum of 2 years PQE
- Strong non-life reserving experience
- Practical experience of Solvency II, including the calculation of Technical Provisions and SCR
- Deep understanding of the business and general insurance industry, including knowledge of interactions between Financial, Underwriting, Claims, Legal and Risk departments, and potential impacts on actuarial work
- Experience of managing/mentoring a team.
For further information please contact Jacqui van Teutem at Raretec Recruitment through email or on 015311400 or 0862931015.
If you are interested in exploring roles in the non-life insurance sector then get in touch today. We don’t advertise all of our positions. If you register with us we will contact you about suitable roles as they come through. Contact us today at email@example.com