An excellent opportunity for a part-qualified or nearly-qualified non-life actuary to join a growing reinsurance company, as a Risk and Reserving Actuary.
About the Position
The successful candidate will join the Risk and Reserving teams in Dublin city and will provide support to both the Chief Risk Officer and Head of Reserving. This role would suit somebody who is highly numerate with very high commercial acumen.
Duties for the role include (but are not limited to):
- Assistance in monitoring capital requirements
- SCR calculations in-line with standard formula
- Develop stress and scenario tests
- Prepare quarterly and annual reserve reports
- Provide support on evaluating GAAP claims provisions
Actuarial Skills Required
Suitable candidates should be either a part-qualified or nearly-qualified actuary and should have:
- Previous GI or reinsurance experience
- Experience with standard formula (Solvency II) calculations
- Strong IT skills including VBA, Matlab, and R
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Candidates interested in finding out more should contact Rebecca Youdell (0860499466 email@example.com) or Jacqui van Teutem (0862931015 firstname.lastname@example.org) or by filling in the application form. We are happy to help you and can facilitate you outside of normal office hours. Alternatively, you can call us on 015311400.
If you are interested in exploring roles in the non-life insurance sector then get in touch today. We don’t advertise all of our positions. If you register with us we will contact you about suitable roles as they come through. Contact us today at email@example.com