We are looking for a Risk Consultant Actuary for a unique, exciting and fast-growing Consultancy in response to the increasing demand for services from both international and domestic firms based in Ireland.
About the Position
As a Risk Consultant Actuary in the Risk Advisory Team, you will be assisting, advising and collaborating closely with well-known insurance clients on matters such as Asset & Liability Management, Risk measurement, Solvency II, IFRS9 & IFRS17, Hedging strategy, and all Regulatory requirements. This role offers the scope to build and develop your technical skills as well as the opportunity to work with a team of accomplished professionals and experts in the field of risk management.
Duties for this Risk Consultant Actuary role include (but are not limited to):
- Provide expertise as a business or functional analyst in various areas of risk including (SII, ALM, ORSA)
- Analyse and interpret complex risk regulations
- Provide the role of Consultant between the client and other business parties including the technical team to translate business requirements into detailed business specifications for IT
- Regularly update risk management policies & procedures and advise
- Collaborate on the implementation of various risk models, tools and solutions
- Develop & automate the production of risk & regulatory reporting
- Suggest solutions and processes appropriate to the client and capabilities to comply with different regulations
- To build and maintain close relationships with clients
- Participate in business development initiatives or internal projects
- Participate in external conferences or networking events.
Actuarial Skills Required
Your Skills and Experience:
- A qualified Actuary with 3 years post qualified experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience in the insurance sector, or the financial industry.
- Deep interest and experience in a Risk environment and related regulations
- Excellent IT skills with programming languages like R, Python, SAS, MatLab, R/S-PLUS, and the ability to develop your skills in this area.
- Knowledge of actuarial tools such as Prophet or Remetrica is a plus.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with a range of key stakeholders and present ideas and recommendations
- Be open to occasional work abroad.
Candidates interested in finding out more about this position should contact Carina Devlin (0871082691 or email@example.com) or by filling in the application form. We are happy to help you, and can facilitate you outside of normal office hours. Alternatively, you can call us on 015311400.
If you are interested in exploring roles in the life/ non-life insurance sector then get in touch today. We don’t advertise all of our positions. If you register with us we will contact you about suitable roles as they come through. Contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org