This senior manager position has been created as part of a new technical team within the actuarial operations team in a well-known reinsurance organisation. They have been doing very well recently and want to grow the business by establishing a team who will be responsible for setting up and running experience studies.
About the Position
The successful candidate will lead the team and drive the development and production of mortality, lapse, and claims experience studies. The results will have a key impact on basis setting for the reporting team and feedback for the pricing team.
Duties for the role include (but are not limited to):
- Leading, developing, and motivating a team of actuaries and trainee actuaries, ensuring that they achieve and contribute to their maximum potential and aspire to the highest professional standards in their work
- Managing the production and analysis of mortality, lapse and claim experience studies
- Working with the Business Development team to facilitate the most comprehensive and robust experience studies
- Assimilating results from various sources to generate deep insight and understanding of the performance of the business
- Identify potential challenges and opportunities and communicate to the Head of Operations accordingly
Actuarial Skills Required
Someone who likes presenting and/or has worked in a consultancy type role will do well in this position and there is lots of room to move up in the organisation.Suitable candidates for this role should have:
- Previous reinsurance experience
- Qualified Actuary with post-qualified experience
- Excellent communication skills
Candidates interested in finding out more about these positions should contact Susan Bradley (0860499335 firstname.lastname@example.org) or Jacqui van Teutem (0862931015 email@example.com) or by filling in the application form. We are happy to help you, and can facilitate you outside of normal office hours. Alternatively you can call us on 015311400
If you are interested in exploring roles in the life insurance sector then get in touch today. We don’t advertise all of our positions. If you register with us we will contact you about suitable roles as they come through. Contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org