My client is a leading multinational life insurer looking for a Life Risk Actuary to join their Risk Management team in Dublin. We are working exclusively on this role and it is an excellent opportunity for a qualified actuary to take up a senior role reporting directly to the CRO of the organisation. You should have a strong knowledge of Solvency II and the role will involve the development and embedding of the risk management framework throughout the organisation.
As a Life Risk Actuary your main responsibilities will include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following:
- Validating the quarterly Economic and Solvency Capital calculations;
- Coordination of the ORSA and the SFCR;
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the Risk Appetite Statements and Risk MI reporting;
- Assist in the identification and assessment of any existing and emerging risks;
- Assist in the coordination of the risk management input to committee meetings including oversight of follow-up actions; and
- Participate in the Risk Committees (both Board and Management level) as required.
As a Life Risk Actuary your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Qualified Actuary with a minimum of 5 years’ life insurance experience – ideally candidates will also hold, or have a strong interest interested in attaining, the CERA certification;
- Candidates will already have Solvency II knowledge and experience;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Candidates interested in this role should contact Jacqui van Teutem at email@example.com or by phoning 015311400 or 0862931015.
We recruit for actuarial job vacancies for both qualified actuaries and trainee and part qualified actuaries across general insurance, life insurance, pensions and retirements, investment, reinsurance and more. The majority of our actuarial jobs are located in Dublin, Ireland although we also occasionally deal with vacancies abroad. If you are interested in hearing about new actuary jobs or are interested in finding out more about a listed vacancy, do get in touch on 015311400 or by emailing Jacqui van Teutem at firstname.lastname@example.org, Danielle Ward at email@example.com or Conall Harding at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For recent vacancies click here but remember we don’t advertise all our roles so if you are thinking about making a move then register with us by clicking here. We are interested in hearing from Actuaries at all levels including: Head of Actuarial Function (HOAF), CRO, CFO, Actuarial Directors, Actuarial Managers, Actuary, Qualified Actuary, Part Qualified Actuary, Trainee Actuary, Graduate Actuary and student actuaries.