Our client is a multinational reinsurance company who have an actuarial vacancy for a Qualified Actuary to join them as Chief Actuary. This is an excellent opportunity for a senior individual to gain visibility and expand their experience. The role reports to the Chief Executive Officer and is based in Dublin.
The main duties of this Chief Actuary role include the following areas:
Reserving and Reporting including:
- Overseeing the calculation on a quarterly basis of the company’s IBNR reserves on its pan– European third-party motor liability portfolio. Calculating the Company’s Best Estimate reserve position on a quarterly basis and preparing and issuing reports to management supporting this position
- Projections of pay-out patterns, loss projections and input to the Company’s cash flow and Asset Liability Matching (ALM) model
- Liaising with the company’s externally appointed Head of Actuarial Function on the production of the year end actuarial report to the Board
Risk, Capital and Solvency including:
- Calculating on a quarterly basis the Company’s Solvency Capital Requirement (“SCR”) for presentation to the Risk Committee and Board using the Company’s internally developed capital model (standard formula) and population of actuarial QRTs on quarterly and annual basis.
- Supporting the Chief Risk Officer in the use and embedding of the model in the Company’s operations
- Running of identified Stress tests with the Capital Model. Actuarial input at Executive and Risk Committee level to the identification of the appropriate stress tests
Pricing and General Commercial Input
This is a key role within the senior team of this forward-thinking organisation. The CEO here has a huge appreciation of the value that can come from the right Actuary. The company want to invest in data analytics and are looking for someone who can bring commercial ideas to the table.
The Company are looking for a Qualified actuary with a strong GI background. This is a career making position for someone who is ready to take on the responsibilities of a HOAF level role with the interest of using new technologies to increase business success. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are critical to this role.
For a full profile or further information candidates should contact Jacqui van Teutem at email@example.com or by phoning 015311400 or 0862931015.
- Senior Reporting Manager – J3806
- Life Actuarial Manager – J3426
- Modelling Team Lead – J3809
- Head of Reserving – Non-Life
- Risk Actuarial Vacancy – Contract – J3805
Actuary | Qualified Actuary | Life Insurance | Modelling Actuary |Actuarial Jobs|Chief Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary Head of Actuarial Function | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | Valuations Actuary | CRO | Solvency II Actuary | CFO | Actuarial Manager |Risk Management Actuary| Product Development Actuary | Part Qualified Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Student Actuary |Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Capital Management Actuary | Actuarial Trainee | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Trainee Actuary| Dublin | Ireland | Actuary Job | Actuarial Recruitment | Actuary Vacancies |