Our client is a dynamic organisation looking to hire a number of senior actuaries for their non life actuarial team. There are vacancies for both permanent and contract Senior Actuaries within the organisation.
The role will involve mentoring more junior members of the team. My client will also consider actuaries who want to transfer into the non life/ general insurance area from life insurance and pensions backgrounds, as long as they are qualified. They may also consider part qualified actuaries with general insurance experience of 5+ years experience.
The requirements and responsibilities for these senior actuaries will include but not be limited to the following:
- Lead the completion of non-life pricing, reserving and capital management reviews
- Provide market wide actuarial analysis, including input into Targeted Risk Assessments and Risk Governance Panels
- Lead external engagements with senior stakeholders In conjunction with the relevant supporting teams,
- Drive the ethos of knowledge sharing by developing and maintaining productive relationships with relevant supporting teams
- Coach and mentor team members to ensure they can achieve the required performance standards and meet their own job enrichment/development objectives.
- Qualified Actuary with minimum 3-5+ years’ relevant experience of pricing, reserving or capital management;
- Good background in non-life insurance/reinsurance with a sound understanding of actuarial techniques and risk management ;
- Strong analytical skills;
- An ability to research and summarise large volumes of information and data and draw appropriate conclusions;
- Pro-active approach to problem solving;
- Strong written and oral communication and ability to collaborate with technical and non-technical colleagues;
- Commitment to delivering quality work; and
- Knowledge of the regulatory, supervisory and reporting requirements under Solvency II.
Application Details: Please contact Danielle Ward before 26th of January on 015311400 or 0860499466 or at email@example.com
We recruit for actuarial job vacancies for both qualified actuaries and trainee and part qualified actuaries across general insurance, life insurance, pensions and retirements, investment, reinsurance and more. The majority of our actuarial jobs are located in Dublin, Ireland although we also occasionally deal with vacancies abroad. If you are interested in hearing about new actuary jobs or are interested in finding out more about a listed vacancy, do get in touch on 015311400 or by emailing Jacqui van Teutem at firstname.lastname@example.org, Danielle Ward at email@example.com or Conall Harding at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For recent vacancies click here but remember we don’t advertise all our roles so if you are thinking about making a move then register with us by clicking here. We are interested in hearing from Actuaries at all levels including: Head of Actuarial Function (HOAF), CRO, CFO, Actuarial Directors, Actuarial Managers, Actuary, Qualified Actuary, Part Qualified Actuary, Trainee Actuary, Graduate Actuary and student actuaries.