We have an exciting new vacancy for a trainee actuary to join an actuarial reserving team based in Dublin. The Reserving Trainee Actuary will join my client’s general insurance team and predominantly work on reserving, however during the quieter times of the year you may get the opportunity to also work on risk related work.
Duties of the reserving trainee actuary will include but not be limited to the following:
- Under general direction, perform regular reserve reviews for Irish domestic business and assist in the reporting of results to the Reserve committee and local business.
- Support IFRS and Solvency II related reporting, including the calculation of the Solvency II Technical Provisions and generation of QRTs and NSTs.
- Assist with the annual planning process.
- Assist in providing insights into underlying performance and trends and the implications for the domestic Irish business.
- Provide standard actuarial services and analyses with supervision by a more experienced actuary.
- Demonstrate increasing knowledge of relevant actuarial disciplines and procedures to be able to provide first class service to internal customers.
- Support the business planning process, statutory account filings, Solvency II and IFRS 17 projects as well as reinsurance analysis.
A variety of candidates will be considered for this reserving trainee actuary role, from experienced trainee to nearly qualified actuaries to graduates with a relevant placement. Ideally you will have strong IT skills or an aptitude for this to include Excel, VBA, ResQ and/or Tableau. A study support package is included and full training is provided for more junior applicants. For graduate level applicants you must have experience in a non life placement.
Candidates interested in this role should contact Danielle Ward at email@example.com or by phoning 015311400 or 0860499466.
We recruit for actuarial job vacancies for both qualified actuaries and trainee and part qualified actuaries across general insurance, life insurance, pensions and retirements, investment, reinsurance and more. The majority of our actuarial jobs are located in Dublin, Ireland although we also occasionally deal with vacancies abroad. If you are interested in hearing about new actuary jobs or are interested in finding out more about a listed vacancy, do get in touch on 015311400 or by emailing Jacqui van Teutem at firstname.lastname@example.org, Danielle Ward at email@example.com or Conall Harding at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For recent vacancies click here but remember we don’t advertise all our roles so if you are thinking about making a move then register with us by clicking here. We are interested in hearing from Actuaries at all levels including: Head of Actuarial Function (HOAF), CRO, CFO, Actuarial Directors, Actuarial Managers, Actuary, Qualified Actuary, Part Qualified Actuary, Trainee Actuary, Graduate Actuary and student actuaries.