A Risk and Reserving Actuary vacancy has arisen with a leading global reinsurance company based in Dublin. This role is part of the company’s risk and corporate actuarial team and will report directly to the CRO and HoAF. This is an excellent opportunity for those looking to move into a fast-paced, varies and challenging role that has excellent progression opportunities.
The responsibilities of this Risk and Reserving Actuary will include but are not limited to:
- Being a key contributor to the development of the company’s IFRS 17 reserving methodologies and processes.
- Contributing to Actuarial Function Report and Actuarial Report on Technical Provisions, incorporating the opinions on underwriting policy and reinsurance.
- Reviewing, maintaining and validating the company’s Internal Model.
- Preparation of ALM analysis to support the management of interest rate and foreign exchange exposure.
- Development and implementation of capital management recommendations to the Risk Committee and Board for ensuring appropriate capitalisation is maintained.
This Risk and Reserving Actuary opportunity is open to either life or non-life qualified actuaries with at least 5+ years experience and ideally previous risk management experience. This role will particularly appeal to those who have a critical mindset and are willing to challenge current business practices and think outside the box.
Candidates interested in this role should contact Jacqui van Teutem at Jacqui.firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 015311400.
If you are interested in roles like this, please see the following vacancies:
We recruit for actuarial job vacancies for both qualified actuaries and trainee and part qualified actuaries across general insurance, life insurance, pensions and retirements, investment, reinsurance and more. The majority of our actuarial jobs are located in Dublin, Ireland although we also occasionally deal with vacancies abroad. If you are interested in hearing about new actuary jobs or are interested in finding out more about a listed vacancy, do get in touch on 015311400 or by emailing Jacqui van Teutem at email@example.com.
For recent vacancies click here but remember we don’t advertise all our roles so if you are thinking about making a move then register with us by clicking here. We are interested in hearing from Actuaries at all levels including: Head of Actuarial Function (HOAF), CRO, CFO, Actuarial Directors, Actuarial Managers, Actuary, Qualified Actuary, Part Qualified Actuary, Trainee Actuary, Graduate Actuary and student actuaries.