Work life balance and flexibility in the work force is a common theme when we are sourcing actuarial roles here at Raretec. The day to day pressures for actuaries is increasing all the time. There are lots of papers written on how to achieve balance and some frequent advice includes:
- Close your email for periods during the day and focus on achieving things – this is a growing trend. Perhaps it’s about forming new habits. Everyone does not expect an instant answer
- There are times to establish boundaries – millennials do this naturally. Maybe it’s time for more experienced individuals to perfect this skill
- Focus on doing everything you can to increase your health – sleep more, eat better and don’t forget how positive exercise is. Pick a sport you enjoy. Execercise days tend to be more productive days
- Separate home from work – these days it’s so easy to work 24/7 – you control what you do
- Don’t drift. If you don’t enjoy the work that you do this can be part of feeling over run. We all have parts of our jobs that we don’t like. However if you dislike your job or environment most of the time then change it.
Perhaps now is the time to look for a new Actuarial role?
We have actuarial roles across the range of positions at the moment. We are looking for non-life actuaries from actuarial analysts with reserving and capital skills, experienced part qualified actuaries with pricing experience both commercial and personal lines. Non-life Reserving actuaries are always in demand and we are now also looking for various contractors with both risk and reserving skills. On the life side we are particularly interested in hearing from actuaries with all levels of reporting skills from Seniord. We have opportunities for life actuaries to transfer to the non-life sector if you are looking for something different.
There are plenty of roles out there and the demand for Actuaries is high. If you are either a qualified actuary or part qualified actuary and want to have an informal conversation about your situation then call us on 015311400 and we are always happy to help. Alternatively you can contact me, Jacqui van Teutem on email at Jacqui.email@example.com and I’ll help you or put you in touch with the right consultant in the team.