We are seeking a senior qualified actuary to join an insurance and reinsurance group. This fast-paced and dynamic work environment offers the opportunity to join a growing team and business. The successful candidate will work closely with the Actuarial Director leading an ambitious team.
About the role
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the team within the Actuarial Function. The successful candidate will become a key contact for advising senior stakeholders and dealing with functions across the group and their entities.
Duties for the Group Actuary role will include (but not be limited to):
- Act as the key point of contact for senior management for all actuarial-related topics.
- Understand local and Group balance sheets, including financial and regulatory reporting regimes in other entities.
- Engage with relevant internal and external stakeholders in conjunction with local business units, including auditors, regulators, and HoAFs.
- Support the integration of future acquisitions or portfolio transfers into the Actuarial Shared Service Centre.
- Responsible for leading and managing a team of both qualified and student actuaries, mentoring and guiding the team in their operational tasks and in their career development.
Actuarial skills required
- All applicants should be qualified actuaries will at least 3 plus P/Q years of experience ideally in a Life Actuarial Function role.
- Proven stakeholder management and influencing experience is an advantage.
- Strong technical and practical knowledge of Solvency II, CBI framework and other relevant regulations.
- Strong management and people skills including career development of team members.
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal.
Candidates interested in this role should contact Carina Devlin (0871082691 or firstname.lastname@example.org) or fill in the application form. We are happy to help you and can facilitate you outside of normal office hours. Alternatively, you can call us on 015311400.
If you are interested in exploring roles in the life insurance sector then get in touch today. We don’t advertise all of our positions. If you register with us we will contact you about suitable roles as they come through. Contact us today at email@example.com