We at Raretec are currently working on an excellent vacancy within a well-known international insurer who are seeking a Pricing Actuary. Applicants should be recently qualified or nearing completion of their qualification with at least 2 years of experience working in the Financial Services industry. This role is based in Dublin and offers applicants the opportunity to work within a supportive environment where focus is put on facilitating avenues for professional advancement as well as helping individuals to achieve their career aspirations. Our client is looking for a self-motivated problem solver who works well individually and as part of a team.
About the Pricing Actuary Role
This individual will play an important role in the formulation of the Life and Health Strategy as well as acting as support to new business acquisition which delivers client focused reinsurance solutions.
Duties for this role include (but are not limited to):
- Contribute to all sides of pricing and new business acquisition.
- Plan and present pricing developments internally whilst underwriting guidelines in accordance with the organisation’s regulatory best practices.
- Assess potential new business prospects and manage internal relationships while managing acquisitions and on-boarding.
- Exhibit an understanding of regulatory requirements and the impact of prospective transactions and new business Development.
- Create and assess tailored reinsurance solutions to meet the varied client needs.
- Co-ordinate efforts efficiently across a variety of company locations regarding new business opportunities and supporting this through travel when required.
- Clearly convey the workings of reinsurance solutions, the risk profile and financial/economic outcomes to the full senior management team.
Actuarial skills required
The role would suit a Nearly/Newly Qualified actuary with at least 2 years’ experience of working in the Financial Services industry. It would be preferred if candidates had experience of life reinsurance, particularly in a pricing or structuring role. The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience of Life reinsurance particularly in a pricing role.
- Advanced knowledge of European solvency and regulatory requirements.
- International experience of reinsurance business (ideal not essential)
- Strong analytical and technical acumen with an innovative approach to client solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a team centric approach.
Candidates interested in finding out more about this position should contact Carina Devlin on 0871082691 or at email@example.com or Kate Henebry at firstname.lastname@example.org by filling in the application form. We are happy to help you, and can facilitate you outside of normal office hours. Alternatively you can call us on 015311400. #LI-KH1 #LI-Hybrid
If you are interested in exploring roles in the life insurance sector then get in touch today. We don’t advertise all of our positions. If you register with us we will contact you about suitable roles as they come through. Contact us today at email@example.com