We are excited to share a new opportunity with our client in joining their dynamic team as an Underwriter (in either pricing or NatCat) reporting directly to the Head of Underwriting. This role involves managing quotations and risks related to natural hazards, as well as seizing business opportunities and building client relationships throughout the underwriting process. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, a hands-on individual with a numeric focus being key .The role will include a diverse range of tasks and will require the ideal candidate to embrace challenge, be a team player and thrive in a flexible, adaptable environment.
About the role
The ideal candidate will thrive on building and maintaining business opportunities and building strong client relationships throughout the underwriting process. This role will suit someone who enjoys a challenge and loves to work collaboratively in a team. This position is multifaceted with the main focus of the job being the numerical aspect.
Duties for this role include (but are not limited to):
- Underwriting processes and guidelines Including processes for ASI
- General underwriting responsibilities and ongoing negotiations
- Effective management of Client relationships both existing and prospective
- Administration including keeping all files up to date
- Any other Ad hoc duties in line with the role including assisting in projects when required
The position role would suit a self motivated individual who enjoys a varied role and has a keen interest and understanding for numerics. The ideal candidate must have a proven analytical background and possibly have worked in financial services with an understanding of accountancy. The ideal should also have the following:
- Be able to demonstrate analytical skills coupled with an inventive approach to crafting client solutions.
- Be an highly organised individual with the ability to meet deadlines when required
- Be able to “think outside the box” and challenge current business practices
- Have excellent communication skills and have the ability to build internal and external relationships
- Educated to a degree level in a relevant subject e.g Mathematics, Economics, Engineering
- 1-2 years professional experience required
Candidates interested in finding out more about this position should contact Tracy Walsh on 085-2631865 at Tracy.firstname.lastname@example.org or Kate Henebry at email@example.com or by filling in the application form. We are happy to help you, and can facilitate you outside of normal office hours. Alternatively, you can call us on 015311400. #LI-Hybrid #L1-TW2
If you are interested in exploring roles in the reinsurance sector then get in touch today. We don’t advertise all of our positions. If you register with us we will contact you about suitable roles as they come through. Contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org