An exciting opportunity has arisen for a qualified actuary to take up a Head of Investment Implementation position in a leading multi-line insurer that serves its customers in global and local markets.
About the Position
This new and unique role requires someone with a passion for trading and investments and a real interest in the markets at an elevated level. Reporting to the Chief Investment Officer, the ideal candidate will work closely with the CIO to develop and lead activities and initiatives in multiple investment-related opportunities.
Duties for the role include (but are not limited to):
- Providing support to the CIO regarding all Group Investment Management initiatives and requirements in respect of new asset capabilities.
- Developing and implementing responses to investment-related opportunities coming from the company’s and Group Investment Management’s respective strategies.
- Building and developing the frameworks to further enhance the delivery of their in-house investment team, including benchmarking activities against best practices.
- Helping to develop the investment-related aspects of their client’s market propositions.
- Working closely with the company’s management team and CIO to further develop all investment-related policies that cover the functions of the in-house investment team and the responsibility of the CIO.
- Working closely with all company stakeholders internally and externally on behalf of the CIO.
- Although the position is not a portfolio management or asset allocation role, a strong interest in and understanding of investment market activities is essential to fully develop and succeed in the requirements of this role.
Actuarial Skills Required
- A qualified Actuary
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in a related field
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with a range of key stakeholders and present ideas and recommendations
- Strong ability to lead and implement change in line with best practice
- The ability to work as part of and lead a team with people and performance management skills
- Highly motivated with a passion for the markets
- Problem-solving, decision-making and judgement skills are essential
Candidates interested in this position should contact Jacqui van Teutem on 0862931015 or email@example.com or alternatively Carina Devlin on 0871082691 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call the main Raretec line on 01531140.
If you are interested in exploring roles in the life/non-life insurance sector then get in touch today. We don’t advertise all of our positions. If you register with us we will contact you about suitable roles as they come through. Contact us today at email@example.com